Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Debra’s Cactus Cupcakes

IMG_8616_A_R

IMG_8489_A_RYou’ve seen cupcakes that look like cactus. Isn’t it time cactus looked like cupcakes? I came up with the idea when I was hosting a gathering of succulent-loving friends.  It led to my latest video, “Cactus Cupcakes,” in which I show how domino cacti (echinopsis) are easily transformed into party favors. Each fetching little cactus is nestled in a silicone cupcake wrapper and has a faceted “cherry” on top.  Tan sand surrounding its base resembles cake.

Enjoy the video on YouTube. On my website you’ll find a complete Materials List, with links.

IMG_8504_A_R

IMG_8513_A_R

IMG_8616_A_R
IMG_8491_A_R

These little inedibles make a cameo appearance in my other new video, too: One Candle Holder, Three Succulent Displays. Have fun!

from Gardening Gone Wild http://gardeninggonewild.com/?p=30381


No comments:

Post a Comment